I am Marlies Pilon (28), an independent journalist covering the East-African region from Kampala, Uganda. Welcome to this scrapbook in cyberspace. Learn more about how I try to capture the region's changing dynamics in words, sounds, and (moving-)images.
- RT @AnonOpsLegion: This is absolutely one of the most intellectual protests World has seen http://t.co/a5JHIw7eGq #duranadam #standingman 21 hours ago
- wow this @nprnews article about the 'standing man of #Turkey' gave me goosebumps.. #DuranAdam #nonviolence #gandhi 21 hours ago
- @SublimeFM Thanks for discussing my blog about pleasurable things in #Uganda ! Do you have an audio link? 22 hours ago
- RT @AndreaDijkstra: Want to know more about the protests in #Brazil Follow @alexhijmans in #Salvador and #Rio 1 day ago
- @RNWAfrica @NewYorkFestival Congratulations! Well done guys 1 day ago
What’s on my mindAfrica Afrika aid AIDS armoede art Besigye condoms congo demonstrations development Dr. Kizza Besigye East-Africa Europa film foto's fotografie glitter government internet journalist Journalistiek Kampala Krant van de Aarde kunst Marlies Pilon media Museveni music Nollywood Oeganda oneworld.nl oost-afrika photo pictures police schrijven sex stereotypes Uganda verbeelding Verkiezingen VN walk to work westen