I am Marlies Pilon (28), an independent journalist covering the East-African region from Kampala, Uganda. Welcome to this scrapbook in cyberspace. Learn more about how I try to capture the region's changing dynamics in words, sounds, and (moving-)images.
- RT @malonebarry: "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." — Potter Stewart 3 days ago
- Ow not again. RT @Elirri BREAKING: Teargas at #Monitor 3 days ago
- RT @BrendaBanura: Monitor offices teargassed just now to disperse the activists #PoliceAtMonitor 3 days ago
- #uganda #police raid office of @DailyMonitor and takes over phones, cameras, computers.Activist protest outside. Follow here #monitorsiege 3 days ago
- RT @SongaStone: Activists' lips sealed "in solidarity with a gagged media" via @asiimwe4justice #mediafreedom #UG http://t.co/ryqRTDaycp 3 days ago
What’s on my mindAfrica Afrika aid AIDS armoede art Besigye condoms congo demonstrations development Dr. Kizza Besigye East-Africa Europa film foto's fotografie glitter government internet journalist Journalistiek Kampala Krant van de Aarde kunst Marlies Pilon media Museveni music Nollywood Oeganda oneworld.nl oost-afrika photo pictures police schrijven sex stereotypes Uganda verbeelding Verkiezingen VN walk to work westen
Article about a hired mob that stormed the house of opposition leader Besigye. A fight broke out between the two parties. The state does everything it can to prevent Besigye from his walk to work in Uganda. Lees verder